CBI-IMBA2010
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disruptive Innovation – thoughts from film <Inception>

3 posters

Go down

Disruptive Innovation – thoughts from film <Inception> Empty Disruptive Innovation – thoughts from film <Inception>

Post  GA_JinYing_2010962452 Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:55 am

Maze, no exit staircase, four or deeper dreams and the top, all these elements constitute the charming scenario of film inception. There is no doubt that the director Christopher Nolan, who was born in 1970, the British director has been his long dream of things that is be success by disruptive innovation!
Professor Ali, also often referred to Disruptive innovation! Both Nintendo's Wii, Seiko's spring Drive, or Geox's Breathing technology, all of them are disruptive innovations, it is not the patchwork on the existing things, but the brand new creation of our planet.
What can lead Nolan to the disruptive innovation? And what can we dig out related to the business?

Inspiration:
Yes that’s it! From ancient time to present, no great invention can achieve without the inspiration. From the apple drops on the floor, Newton discovered gravity. From boiling water lift up the lid, Watt invented the steam engine. Google initially setup by Sergey Brin and Larry Page at the laboratory with the experiment topic called BackRub. Some may say inspiration can not learn, yes, it’s individualized, that is why you are not Bill Gates or Ma Yun. But I know how to cultivate inspiration. The production of inspiration needs a soil, in my understanding, The soil is: love the life, interested in different things, observe and think.

Truly understand the audience (or consumer):
Director Nolan said: “For me, this trick is the true feeling, and I have the only rule is that if I felt it - you really feel the emotion as you written which reacted in your body - then you know, at least it’s true for you” The power of truth, if you can not even let yourself moved, how can it moves the audience? Truly understand the needs of the consumer, which is the root for disruptive creation to grow. Show value to the consumer, if innovation reflects no value to human being, then perhaps it can not actually be an innovation. As Nolan need to fully understand the audience, the business leader also need to fully know what their customers really want, thinking from their perspective. That is the right way lead to real innovation and continue it’s vitality.

At the final scene in the <inception>, the top is always in motion. The suspense that Nolan gave to the audience continues. Who knows, disruptive creation probably born in one night of your dream. Razz

GA_JinYing_2010962452

Back to top Go down

Disruptive Innovation – thoughts from film <Inception> Empty Innovation can create everything

Post  GA_Dulijuan_2010961329 Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:39 pm

This film is really a good example of disruptive innovation. I am so surprised to see that the dream can be interpreted and described like that, which is about 6 times faster than the real word and can be multi-layers. Once this creative idea comes out, it will form a totally different world, a disruptive story. We have been taught to remember all kinds of things, theories accurately, but never to be creative, and luckily it is still not too late as we met Professor Ali in 2010. I am sure if we “incept” innovation into our work and our own daily life, we will find problems are changing more interesting and easy to solve.

GA_Dulijuan_2010961329

Back to top Go down

Disruptive Innovation – thoughts from film <Inception> Empty Re: Disruptive Innovation – thoughts from film <Inception>

Post  Cheryl_10GB_2010962440 Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:05 pm

GA_Dulijuan_2010961329 wrote:This film is really a good example of disruptive innovation. I am so surprised to see that the dream can be interpreted and described like that, which is about 6 times faster than the real word and can be multi-layers. Once this creative idea comes out, it will form a totally different world, a disruptive story. We have been taught to remember all kinds of things, theories accurately, but never to be creative, and luckily it is still not too late as we met Professor Ali in 2010. I am sure if we “incept” innovation into our work and our own daily life, we will find problems are changing more interesting and easy to solve.

I'm afraid i don't quite agree with you. The story structure itself is not so new. In psychological view, it's about Gestalt. Cobb eventually dealt with the guilty innermost to his past wife and achieved the final deal. That's it. The impact to me is not as heavy as "Inner Senses" several years ago.

However, admittedly speaking, the topic or concept of this film is quite novel and eye-catching. What's more, high-tech employed is beneficial to create a realistic visual effect. In my perspective, a new concept wrapped in advanced high-tech lead this film to a popular one.

Cheryl_10GB_2010962440

Back to top Go down

Disruptive Innovation – thoughts from film <Inception> Empty Re: Disruptive Innovation – thoughts from film <Inception>

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down