CBI-IMBA2010
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blog discussion 1 - China is facing a reativity crisis? rather no "creativity" yet in China?

+3
GA ZhangShulong 20109607
2010GA_lihe_2010962323
lengshijie
7 posters

Go down

Blog discussion 1 - China is facing a reativity crisis? rather no "creativity" yet in China? Empty Blog discussion 1 - China is facing a reativity crisis? rather no "creativity" yet in China?

Post  lengshijie Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:39 pm

upon reading "creativity crisis" article, I wanna to post a question: China is facing a reativity crisis? rather saying that, there is no "creativity" yet in China?

we may feel a little bit happy to hear that US teenagers have been losing their ability of creativity and innovation in this "creativity crisis", since 90s last century. I do not cite related reasons for that, because US do not lost its top leading postion in creativity worldwidely. No words are needed to approve it when you may take a chance to see the movie <inception>, a Hollywood film, that ultimately indicates what a real creativity or imagination think could be. that is creative level from US, can we catch up with it? or just keep a close distance behind the US? I believe that answer is "NO".

I just pose a concept from this article that creativity really needs convergent thinking and focused attention necessarily, which obviously gives a connection with what I am thinking about the problem regarding Chinese creativity.

-Convergent thinking: almost is a reverse extent agianst Chinese traditional thinking. we may be good at top-down stye, in other words, following some order or conclusion before taking some action, that atributes to a result-oriented behavior structure.

-focused attension: in currrent enrivonment, can anybody keep a peaceful and focused attention on some "Creativity" task? Maybe somesone, but not the morjority. Our imagination gradually have been becoming lost in a mess status of whole society mingling with numerous disire, concept, belief and values.

Comparing with US's case, has China countered "Creativity crisis"? Maybe we have not stepped into a phase of "creativity"...

Any comment would be wecomed.

Leng Shijie 2010960064 (10GA)

lengshijie

Back to top Go down

Blog discussion 1 - China is facing a reativity crisis? rather no "creativity" yet in China? Empty sofa?

Post  2010GA_lihe_2010962323 Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:09 am

sofa?
2010GA_lihe_2010962323
2010GA_lihe_2010962323

Back to top Go down

Blog discussion 1 - China is facing a reativity crisis? rather no "creativity" yet in China? Empty Re: Blog discussion 1 - China is facing a reativity crisis? rather no "creativity" yet in China?

Post  lengshijie Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:37 pm

not pessimistic , but positive and objective.

I think 3 points are very important:

-enough inclusiveness?
-more practical than words?
-fearless

BTW, up up this topics

lengshijie

Back to top Go down

Blog discussion 1 - China is facing a reativity crisis? rather no "creativity" yet in China? Empty Top-down innovation strategy

Post  GA ZhangShulong 20109607 Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:02 am

the bright side of the situation here in China is that the central government is pushing the innovation from the top to the bottom. in a recent news, Premier Wen Jiabao insisted the importance of innovation and creation to be the success factor of China in the future.

in most enterprises, they have also realized the the importance of innovation, at least in the way they tell public. For example, the slogan from TCL, is 'The Creative Lift'. And another story is that the mobile manufactory Cherry announced 10% of its revenue into R&D. the new car QQME is a new product by Cherry and looks cute in outlook. Cherry is trying to become a innovating car manufacture not only copying.

innovation and creation does have some attention in some levels of China. And also gained a lot of focus in high level education, just like our IMBA program. we should intensify the sense of creation into all levels of education and start from home education to our young kids or our young kids in the future.

GA ZhangShulong 20109607

Back to top Go down

Blog discussion 1 - China is facing a reativity crisis? rather no "creativity" yet in China? Empty Re: Blog discussion 1 - China is facing a reativity crisis? rather no "creativity" yet in China?

Post  fang fang 10GB Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:06 pm

In fact, i am not so positive about the "creativity sense" built or will build in China particularly for youth. This morning, i was just talking with a mama whose son has just been a fresh pupil of a well-known primary school in shanghai. when she asked her son whether he liked the school or not, the answer was however negative, being the reason that the children had to be very obedient in school. For example, they are asked to raise hands in a strickly "standard" way to answer the questions in class, let alone free speak. In this way, these little boys and girls are much likely to be discouraged to speak out their own ideas and consequently, refrain them from thinking any more,,, In an environment that " obedience" is emphasized, how thus comes out the creativity? Neutral

fang fang 10GB

Back to top Go down

Post  odella.chen Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:09 pm

When I was young,I had no chance to be educated by a creative teacher. So what a pity, I must train myself to connect creativity and expertise. The story in this article attracted me in that a person earned a lot of money from his creativity and expertise. If I can use this method to find new way making money,haha~But the critical factor is how to form the connection. As I had grown up, I missed the nice opportunity to develop the right brain for dream freely. The more logically trained left brain may help to research facts and solutions correctly. "Neural networks on the right side scan remote memories that could be vaguely relevant" means that we should accumulate the universal connection in our daily life?If not, we can not develop divergent thinking or convergent thinking. Thus,it's the bottleneck for many adults.

odella.chen

Back to top Go down

Post  lengshijie Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:48 am

fang fang 10GB wrote:In fact, i am not so positive about the "creativity sense" built or will build in China particularly for youth. This morning, i was just talking with a mama whose son has just been a fresh pupil of a well-known primary school in shanghai. when she asked her son whether he liked the school or not, the answer was however negative, being the reason that the children had to be very obedient in school. For example, they are asked to raise hands in a strickly "standard" way to answer the questions in class, let alone free speak. In this way, these little boys and girls are much likely to be discouraged to speak out their own ideas and consequently, refrain them from thinking any more,,, In an environment that " obedience" is emphasized, how thus comes out the creativity? Neutral

The fact is so bad~ no change compared with how we were educated in our young time.

It may need a revolutionary change from Culture and Mindset, otherwise, it does not work no matter how bad we place emphasis on Chinese education reform.

lengshijie

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheryl_10GB_2010962440 Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:38 am

lengshijie wrote:
fang fang 10GB wrote:In fact, i am not so positive about the "creativity sense" built or will build in China particularly for youth. This morning, i was just talking with a mama whose son has just been a fresh pupil of a well-known primary school in shanghai. when she asked her son whether he liked the school or not, the answer was however negative, being the reason that the children had to be very obedient in school. For example, they are asked to raise hands in a strickly "standard" way to answer the questions in class, let alone free speak. In this way, these little boys and girls are much likely to be discouraged to speak out their own ideas and consequently, refrain them from thinking any more,,, In an environment that " obedience" is emphasized, how thus comes out the creativity? Neutral

The fact is so bad~ no change compared with how we were educated in our young time.

It may need a revolutionary change from Culture and Mindset, otherwise, it does not work no matter how bad we place emphasis on Chinese education reform.

Yes, think about the path we have walked along, you will not feel strange why we are far away from creativity at current age. If we could learn as we wish, if we had spare time exploring the world by our hands, if we could establish the connection with outside world through listening, dancing, drawing, feeling & practising, perhaps we could not survive for long (We were eliminated early). "First survive, second develop." is my inherent philosophy. To survive, to acquire chances for future development, we chose to compromise, at a very early age, to the traditional system. Or we can say, we have already adapted ourselves to the system, the one also followed by our parent generation.

So without changing the fundamental cause, the problem that we lack creativity will hardly be solved in essence.

Cheryl_10GB_2010962440

Back to top Go down

Blog discussion 1 - China is facing a reativity crisis? rather no "creativity" yet in China? Empty Does UK have a good innovation system?

Post  liuqian_10GA_2010961496 Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:23 am

I believe that the below questions need to consider when they make decision:

-Does UK have a good incentive system for students and university?

-Can the theory convert into practice when they bring out?

liuqian_10GA_2010961496

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down