CBI-IMBA2010
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is Conceptual Age?

4 posters

Go down

What is Conceptual Age? Empty What is Conceptual Age?

Post  Kowell Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:32 pm

Proffessor Ali said an Age flow as this
--
18th: Agriculture Age
19th: Industry Age
20th: Information Age
21th: Conceptual Age (we are going to)

But what is conceptual age?

How to define the conceptual Age?
- By the conceptual industry's GDP percentages?
- Or by the population in conceptual industry?

If we dont know the exact defination.
We cant agree such saying like that: US is in Conceptual Age.
We must ask: Why?

Kowell

Back to top Go down

What is Conceptual Age? Empty Re: What is Conceptual Age?

Post  GB-Ni Jingyan-2010961537 Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:40 pm

it's a interesting topic. hope someone can give me some brief ideas. Thank you in advance.

GB-Ni Jingyan-2010961537

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheryl_10GB_2010962440 Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:37 am

Kowell wrote:Proffessor Ali said an Age flow as this
--
18th: Agriculture Age
19th: Industry Age
20th: Information Age
21th: Conceptual Age (we are going to)

But what is conceptual age?

How to define the conceptual Age?
- By the conceptual industry's GDP percentages?
- Or by the population in conceptual industry?

If we dont know the exact defination.
We cant agree such saying like that: US is in Conceptual Age.
We must ask: Why?

As far as i remember, Ali did demonstrate this part in PPT along the two clues you just mentioned. First, the GDP percentage. Second, the population in this industry. So in my opinion, they are index to measure whether a country has entered Conceptual Age. However, as for sounder reasons, i am at sea. Hope some one else could help explain more details. Also thanks in advance!

Cheryl_10GB_2010962440

Back to top Go down

Post  Kowell Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:22 pm

Cheryl_10GB_2010962440 wrote:
As far as i remember, Ali did demonstrate this part in PPT along the two clues you just mentioned. First, the GDP percentage. Second, the population in this industry. So in my opinion, they are index to measure whether a country has entered Conceptual Age. However, as for sounder reasons, i am at sea. Hope some one else could help explain more details. Also thanks in advance!

Thanks Chery.
Another question is:
If we count GDP percentage or the population. We should define what business should be caculated to conceptual industry.
This is also considerable.
For example, they caculate software industry to conceptual GDP.
But I dont think all the software works are creative.
I have more than 12 years career in software industry.
Many software developers just implement the requirment of customers. testers just do the test for requirment. The company just sell applications & systems to customer, software is something just like a fast-consumer business...
Could we caculate all software business to conceptual industry?
I think NO.

The first time you create it . It is creativity or innovation.
But the next time you do it. It should not be creative business.
So , I think the real creative part of GDP or population is quite small and we cant calulate it clearly.

Kowell

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheryl_10GB_2010962440 Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:53 pm

Kowell wrote:

Thanks Chery.
Another question is:
If we count GDP percentage or the population. We should define what business should be caculated to conceptual industry.
Many software developers just implement the requirment of customers. testers just do the test for requirment. The company just sell applications & systems to customer, software is something just like a fast-consumer business...
I think NO.

So , I think the real creative part of GDP or population is quite small and we cant calulate it clearly.

you are right. Strictly speaking, not all the software companies do creative or innovative fulfillment all the time. While generally speaking, software industry is a kind of conceptual industry. That's because its product maybe intangible, compared with that of traditional manufacturing industry (or even primary industry); its production materials maybe information, ideas or concepts rather than machines or raw materials; what's more, its practioners are usually brainworkers with high intelligence and good education, who generate their output via their brain. No matter you regard it as mechanically duplicated work or whatever, it cannot be denied that it is after all a kind of integration or synergism process of the information gathered and the knowledge & skills the practioner have already obtained. That's my understanding.

Cheryl_10GB_2010962440

Back to top Go down

What is Conceptual Age? Empty Conceptual industry=Creative Industry

Post  Xunchun Liu - 10GB Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:56 am

Kowell wrote:

Thanks Chery.
Another question is:
I think NO.

you are right. Strictly speaking, not all the software companies do creative or innovative fulfillment all the time. While generally speaking, software industry is a kind of conceptual industry. That's because its product maybe intangible, compared with that of traditional manufacturing industry (or even primary industry); its production materials maybe information, ideas or concepts rather than machines or raw materials; what's more, its practioners are usually brainworkers with high intelligence and good education, who generate their output via their brain. No matter you regard it as mechanically duplicated work or whatever, it cannot be denied that it is after all a kind of integration or synergism process of the information gathered and the knowledge & skills the practioner have already obtained. That's my understanding.

Conceptual industry=Creative Industry. From a new idea to a realistic industry, it could push the society forward. You may think art is a kind of conceptual industry. In fact nowadays, every industry could become conceptual industry. For example, Internet games, cultural and entertainment, travel industry, etc.
When food and clothes are no more the problem for people, we begin to seek mental satisfaction. That's why the Conceptual Age is the next age.

Xunchun Liu - 10GB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum