CBI-IMBA2010
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Limit innovative/creative idea into the scope of realizable or just play by heart?

5 posters

Go down

Limit innovative/creative idea into the scope of realizable or just play by heart? Empty Limit innovative/creative idea into the scope of realizable or just play by heart?

Post  LiQiang 10GA 2010961458 Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:47 pm

During the discussion of innovation and creativity in my group, there were two diffierent points regarding innovation and creativity. One side thinks that the whether the idea is realizable is one of the important factor of innovation and creativity. If the idea is not realizable in recent few years, it should not be considered. Another side thinks that we should not limit our innovation and creativity into the scope of realizable. The activity should follow your heart. Basically I agree on the latter point, meanwhile we need to consider whether the innovation and creativity is applicable to the entity who needs new ideas.

First of all, I think innovation and creativity is the source of human society development. A new idea maybe cannot be realized in a few years, but with the accumulation of knowledge by generations, human beings finally convert some new ideas to reality. For example, WanHu, a minor Chinese official of the Ming dynasty, who attempted to become the world's first recorded "astronaut", decided to take advantage of China's advanced rocket and fireworks technology to launch himself into outer space. Despite he died in a huge explosion and human beings didn't realize his creative idea in the following centuries, the first person was sent to the space in the mid of 20th century. Just because the new idea propelled human beings to research generation by generation, it was finnally converted to reality.

Next, we need notice whether a new idea is eligible for an entity who needs it from time, resource and technology prospective. For example, China planned to develop a new advanced fighter plane named F-9. The plane concept is created in 1964. The concepts of the plane including plane layout, weapen, radar were very advanced compared with the western fighters at that time. The project is approved in 1975 and the first batch of planes was planned to be launched in 1980. But because the poor condition of basic industry, the project finnally was terminated. China had to buy advanced fighter planes from Soviet.

In conculsion, I agree that we shouldn't limit our innovative and creative ideas in the scope of realizable. At the mean time we need to notice whether our innovation and creativity is feasible for the targeting entity.

What do you think about it?

LiQiang 10GA 2010961458

Back to top Go down

Limit innovative/creative idea into the scope of realizable or just play by heart? Empty Re: Limit innovative/creative idea into the scope of realizable or just play by heart?

Post  odella.chen Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:50 pm

Your consideration may limit the realization. Reserve the idea for tomorrow or change a way to think from the beginning. The beginning is what the innovation is for and why we use this innovation. I think the aim is unique, but the methods may be various.

odella.chen

Back to top Go down

Limit innovative/creative idea into the scope of realizable or just play by heart? Empty I agree with you

Post  Jerry_Jiang_GB_2010960820 Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:44 am

LiQiang 10GA 2010961458 wrote:During the discussion of innovation and creativity in my group, there were two diffierent points regarding innovation and creativity. One side thinks that the whether the idea is realizable is one of the important factor of innovation and creativity. If the idea is not realizable in recent few years, it should not be considered. Another side thinks that we should not limit our innovation and creativity into the scope of realizable. The activity should follow your heart. Basically I agree on the latter point, meanwhile we need to consider whether the innovation and creativity is applicable to the entity who needs new ideas.

First of all, I think innovation and creativity is the source of human society development. A new idea maybe cannot be realized in a few years, but with the accumulation of knowledge by generations, human beings finally convert some new ideas to reality. For example, WanHu, a minor Chinese official of the Ming dynasty, who attempted to become the world's first recorded "astronaut", decided to take advantage of China's advanced rocket and fireworks technology to launch himself into outer space. Despite he died in a huge explosion and human beings didn't realize his creative idea in the following centuries, the first person was sent to the space in the mid of 20th century. Just because the new idea propelled human beings to research generation by generation, it was finnally converted to reality.

Next, we need notice whether a new idea is eligible for an entity who needs it from time, resource and technology prospective. For example, China planned to develop a new advanced fighter plane named F-9. The plane concept is created in 1964. The concepts of the plane including plane layout, weapen, radar were very advanced compared with the western fighters at that time. The project is approved in 1975 and the first batch of planes was planned to be launched in 1980. But because the poor condition of basic industry, the project finnally was terminated. China had to buy advanced fighter planes from Soviet.

In conculsion, I agree that we shouldn't limit our innovative and creative ideas in the scope of realizable. At the mean time we need to notice whether our innovation and creativity is feasible for the targeting entity.

What do you think about it?

Hi, Li Qiang. I agree with you Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy we should not set boundary for our innovation way of thinking, which has already been undermined by the Chinese traditional education. It is so difficult to keep the little spark and spread the flame sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

Jerry_Jiang_GB_2010960820

Back to top Go down

Limit innovative/creative idea into the scope of realizable or just play by heart? Empty Re: Limit innovative/creative idea into the scope of realizable or just play by heart?

Post  GB-Ni Jingyan-2010961537 Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:41 pm

it's kind of related to the definition of creativity. i also agree that creative thinking can not be contrained by the reality.
when we decide to impliment some creative idea, it's the time to consideration all aspects of the real world around. flower flower flower flower flower

GB-Ni Jingyan-2010961537

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheryl_10GB_2010962440 Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:26 am

In my opinion, if we want to think creatively, what we need to do is just think - think unrestrainedly, think with no boundary, think in respond to your heart. That's just creative thinking phase. It is wise to let as much as possible new ideas come up at this phase.

However, if we refer to the implementation phase, it's another situation. Feasibility is a quite important measurement for us to take into consideration. Otherwise, even if the idea is perfect on paper, lacking of practical operation factor, it is after all useless.

This reminds me of brainstorming. When we brainstorm, the effective way is to put forward all the possible ideas at first, regardless of its feasibility, and then evaluate each option's strength & weakness and go down to practical details, finally select the best option after comprehensively comparison. Brainstorming, to some extent, is a good combination of creative thinking and innovation. It both covers areas of thinking out of box and doing with certainty. Therefore it is such a useful tool that has been widely applied and highly recognized.

Cheryl_10GB_2010962440

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down