CBI-IMBA2010
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what did you learn from the CBI classes?

+17
Xu-Qingmei-10GB2010961692
tommywang-10GB-2010960210
liuqian_10GA_2010961496
RachelZhao_GB_2010960337
Cheryl_10GB_2010962440
GA_Dulijuan_2010961329
Yazee_Shu_GA_2010960674
JingKaiXu
Jerry_Jiang_GB_2010960820
odella.chen
peihuahu
minibabyfox
Haiting Lu GA 2010961501
MirandaPeng_10GB
GA_Huanglingli_2010960791
GA Tian Liqing 2010960181
2010GA_HUJING_2010960026
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

what did you learn from the CBI classes? Empty what did you learn from the CBI classes?

Post  2010GA_HUJING_2010960026 Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:56 pm

what did myself learn? Smile

some concepts in business world.
How to write a good case report with tiny creativity.
know more about Classmates
Brave enough to answer Ali and Guess what Ali's answer could be?

where is creativity like Apple,Google,Taobao&Ikea,Please come to me.

hehe,let's chat.

2010GA_HUJING_2010960026

Back to top Go down

what did you learn from the CBI classes? Empty my feeling about CBI class

Post  GA Tian Liqing 2010960181 Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:53 pm

wide my vision and know about the things from different view;
and really enjoy the moment of discussing the case with classmates, no right or wrong, just sharing our opinions.

But to be frank, three case reports plus one group work are not an easy work for our part time.

GA Tian Liqing 2010960181

Back to top Go down

what did you learn from the CBI classes? Empty Re: what did you learn from the CBI classes?

Post  GA_Huanglingli_2010960791 Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:37 pm

Yes, agree. Hope CBI is the toughest course during the 2 year's study. But frankly, Ali is a great teacher who opens my business mind, encourages me to put my hand on class, shares lovely music with us.

GA_Huanglingli_2010960791

Back to top Go down

what did you learn from the CBI classes? Empty Re: what did you learn from the CBI classes?

Post  2010GA_HUJING_2010960026 Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:19 pm

GA Tian Liqing 2010960181 wrote:wide my vision and know about the things from different view;
and really enjoy the moment of discussing the case with classmates, no right or wrong, just sharing our opinions.

But to be frank, three case reports plus one group work are not an easy work for our part time.

I really like your words here! Inspiring!

2010GA_HUJING_2010960026

Back to top Go down

Post  MirandaPeng_10GB Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:53 pm

I find my case study report writting skills was better than before. It was very difficult for me to write the first report, but gradually I found it got easier to write the second one and then the third one~~

I also enjoyed the music played in the class, really enjoy~

MirandaPeng_10GB

Back to top Go down

Post  Haiting Lu GA 2010961501 Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:34 pm

MirandaPeng_10GB wrote:I find my case study report writting skills was better than before. It was very difficult for me to write the first report, but gradually I found it got easier to write the second one and then the third one~~

The first report is a pain. The second and third ones are just anther two pains, but relief could be faster tongue

Haiting Lu GA 2010961501

Back to top Go down

Post  minibabyfox Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:24 pm

one thing i am sure that we all learn sth new from each class we attend. but the key point is What did we learn and change our life from the class interpersonal commmunication? I think "CHANGE" or "DIFFERENCE" is the word and its contents that ALI would like to know about.

take myself as an example, from both CBI and BCL, I am encouraged to talk in front of people within the company. Speech preparation and practice at home is really important to your demonstration next day, and to make some face expression or body language to make the meeting more relaxing. But really, it all depends on who are your audiences.

to be honest, i still cannot be myself when standing in front of my managers. that's a shame and losing the opportunity of being outstanding among colleagues. haiz.

minibabyfox

Back to top Go down

Post  peihuahu Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:33 pm

Haiting Lu GA 2010961501 wrote:
MirandaPeng_10GB wrote:I find my case study report writting skills was better than before. It was very difficult for me to write the first report, but gradually I found it got easier to write the second one and then the third one~~

The first report is a pain. The second and third ones are just anther two pains, but relief could be faster tongue

Smile, I believe most of us have finished the pains now.
good luck!

peihuahu

Back to top Go down

Post  odella.chen Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:56 pm

CBI class was a very lovely class. Let our right brain work! I want to know whether there are similar classes developing right brains in Shanghai. That's amazing for adults and kids.Think different, do different!

odella.chen

Back to top Go down

what did you learn from the CBI classes? Empty Kind of of too much workload as a starter class

Post  Jerry_Jiang_GB_2010960820 Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:58 am

I am not sure if I am the only one feels this way------The first class of the MBA is supposed to be a appetizer rather than a main course。 Basically a appetizer is a dish that makes you more hungry. After this CBI class, if you excited to shout "give me more~~~~" then this class is successful as a starter class.
Three case reports+ one group project in such a short time is kind of overwhelming. study study study study study study study study study study affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

Jerry_Jiang_GB_2010960820

Back to top Go down

Post  JingKaiXu Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:30 pm

Jerry_Jiang_GB_2010960820 wrote:I am not sure if I am the only one feels this way------The first class of the MBA is supposed to be a appetizer rather than a main course。 Basically a appetizer is a dish that makes you more hungry. After this CBI class, if you excited to shout "give me more~~~~" then this class is successful as a starter class.
Three case reports+ one group project in such a short time is kind of overwhelming. study study study study study study study study study study affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

The CBI course and professor Ali is excellent, he did make me excited. and I am hoping the following course is excellent, too.
Yes, it is a little bit tired. but we have the national holiday coming. let's have a rest and prepare for the next battle.

JingKaiXu

Back to top Go down

what did you learn from the CBI classes? Empty Learning

Post  Yazee_Shu_GA_2010960674 Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:02 am

Actually, I am not so exactly clear about what I have learned. But I was always enjoying listening to the professor and classmates. Their ideas freshened me and gave me the sense of Satori.

Yazee_Shu_GA_2010960674

Back to top Go down

Post  JingKaiXu Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:01 pm

If you are wondering what you have learnt, it is much likely you haven't understand Ali.
Ali has said in the first class, he is not come here just to teach you knowledge , knowledge is everywhere, you can read book, you can search the internet, you can learn knowledge yourself. I don't know how many you have read the whole book. the knowledge is in the book.

Ali come here to help you understand the knowledge, he teach you how, but not what. If you understand him, you will remember all the things he taught in the class. Of course, you also need to review it after the class, otherwise we will forget it soon. So you need to think about it again, and agian. you will find it is interesting.

JingKaiXu

Back to top Go down

Post  JingKaiXu Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:09 pm

Creativity can not be taught. creativity is an attitude. creativity is about how you view the world. creativity is about how you are willing to change. it is not easy to teach creativity.
If you have read the first chapter of the book. you will know
innovation contains:

creativity idea
motivation
expertise

if you only have creativity idea, you are day dreaming.
if you have creativity idea and motivation, but without enough expertise you cannot turn in to reality.
you must have all the 3 elements.

JingKaiXu

Back to top Go down

what did you learn from the CBI classes? Empty CBI-An excellent course

Post  GA_Dulijuan_2010961329 Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:07 pm

CBI is really an excellent course that showed me the interesting and challenging start of the MBA course. I have learnt some main skills we need to grasp in our whole life “the ability to learn, the ability to understand and the ability to change”, which are really easy to say but difficult to grasp. I learnt to think differently and always try to differentiate ourselves, our product and our services from the competitors. I learnt that to be a really powerful country, China needs to move its role upward to the creative part of the supply chain, and this will only be achievable when we find the importance of innovation, and start to emphasis this in the beginning of the education system. A long way but a meaningful and also necessary change, for us for china to be creative.

GA_Dulijuan_2010961329

Back to top Go down

Post  Yazee_Shu_GA_2010960674 Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:40 am

JingKaiXu wrote:If you are wondering what you have learnt, it is much likely you haven't understand Ali.
Ali has said in the first class, he is not come here just to teach you knowledge , knowledge is everywhere, you can read book, you can search the internet, you can learn knowledge yourself. I don't know how many you have read the whole book. the knowledge is in the book.

Ali come here to help you understand the knowledge, he teach you how, but not what. If you understand him, you will remember all the things he taught in the class. Of course, you also need to review it after the class, otherwise we will forget it soon. So you need to think about it again, and agian. you will find it is interesting.

But the time is so short that I don't think I grasp how to learn with creativity. Before the class, I think I had a clear brain but now I am in chaos. Does it mean it is changing? It is hoped to clear up soon.

Yazee_Shu_GA_2010960674

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheryl_10GB_2010962440 Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:27 pm

To be frank, CBI brought by Ali was a big shock to me at first. The learning style is quite different from my previous one in undergraduate stage. More interactive discussion, less dependent on examination. Everyone is obliged to make contributions to the class through active engagement, rather than just passively absorbing what Ali feeds us. It's quite exciting!

However, the homework is not an easy job for me. I'm ofter confused by the main issue and the symptoms. I'm not sure whether i have caught the question. But anyway, i achieved three assignments. The process itself is a kind of experience and learning.

As for the most impressive points i have acquired, it would be undoubtedly two models - Types of Innovation, and Business Model. Very useful!

Cheryl_10GB_2010962440

Back to top Go down

what did you learn from the CBI classes? Empty feel, think and practise

Post  RachelZhao_GB_2010960337 Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:52 pm

Talk about what I learned from CBI, there are three major points, feel, think and practise. First of all, I should feel the environment aroud me, feel the change happed, feel the creative spark appeared occasionally; and then, I should focus on change, try to hold creative ideas, and analyze the possibilities; finally, just to practise again and again based on analyses of possibility, and the practice will always teach me to do better next time.

RachelZhao_GB_2010960337

Back to top Go down

what did you learn from the CBI classes? Empty Learning from CBI course

Post  liuqian_10GA_2010961496 Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:59 am

CBI course is really an amzing journey for me. Music, video, six hats thinking method ,case study

really wide my horizon.And I am really impressed by all kinds of presentation at last Friday.How to

find the issues, give the properly solution, find unique and creative way to present your ideas are

my 3 key learnings.

liuqian_10GA_2010961496

Back to top Go down

what did you learn from the CBI classes? Empty CASE,CASE,CASE

Post  tommywang-10GB-2010960210 Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:32 pm

The heavy work load has a reason. As Ali mentioned that Harvard business school students do more than 800 case studies during the MBA course. It must be miserable and tiring.

I am pretty sure that the more valueable cases we have studied and focused, more experienced we will turn out to be.

Like someone said, sharing in the class is more meaningful than being right or wrong. I think that's the spirit we are looking for. And I am more than anytime sure that we are doing that together. Very Happy

tommywang-10GB-2010960210

Back to top Go down

Post  peihuahu Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:47 am

we spend a lot of time on the group presentation. I hope we can get the award.
Good Luck for our group.

peihuahu

Back to top Go down

what did you learn from the CBI classes? Empty The tough beginning leads to a harvest coming

Post  Xu-Qingmei-10GB2010961692 Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:59 am

The course of CBI completely changed my pace of life. I had to face the stress instead of leisure. But it really refreshed my mind. I feel I'm in energy again. When finish the two years study, I hope we can back to today's class. There will be some news we didn’t find today.

Xu-Qingmei-10GB2010961692

Back to top Go down

Post  GB-Ni Jingyan-2010961537 Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:08 am

Haiting Lu GA 2010961501 wrote:

so we are become much stronger than before. when i finish my 3 reports, i can even feel a feeling of successful " i can do this!"

GB-Ni Jingyan-2010961537

Back to top Go down

Post  GB-Ni Jingyan-2010961537 Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:14 am

peihuahu wrote:we spend a lot of time on the group presentation. I hope we can get the award.
Good Luck for our group.

Hi Angela,Take it eay.I believe when we finish the presentation, we already succeed.

GB-Ni Jingyan-2010961537

Back to top Go down

Post  GB-Ni Jingyan-2010961537 Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:17 am

Yazee_Shu_GA_2010960674 wrote:
JingKaiXu wrote:If you are wondering what you have learnt, it is much likely you haven't understand Ali.

But the time is so short that I don't think I grasp how to learn with creativity. Before the class, I think I had a clear brain but now I am in chaos. Does it mean it is changing? It is hoped to clear up soon.

Maybe this means you are on the way to jump out of the box mentioned by professor.

GB-Ni Jingyan-2010961537

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next